My husband and I will be celebrating 13 years together next month, a time so long ago begun when we were young, in love and dreaming the big dreams. Long lasting relationships can sometimes fizzle and many find themselves in a rut of supreme comfort – it’s just easier to sit together on the couch and watch a movie then go to the effort on putting on a nice outfit and heading out for a night on the town.
It got me thinking that despite enjoying being somewhat of a homebody and on many nights preferring the enjoyment of staying in, prancing around in my pyjamas and not giving a toss about the mess my living room has endured, there are plenty of things the two of us can do to keep things interesting and fun – to be “kids” again. Now, we don’t have children as yet so perhaps some of these may require a bit of scheduling in advance for those who have little ones so your comments and suggestions are most welcome!
1. Enjoy the freedom of your backyard – play frisbee in the nude!
2. While I’m on the subject, I propose NUDE SUNDAYS! Spend the day at home, in the nude, having fun; well, at least half a day if you get bored but I find it highly unlikely you’ll be bored…hint hint
3. Go hiking
4. Play Wii
5. Bake a cake/biscuits from scratch
6. Go to a market
7. Paint your thumbs green and go gardening
8. Play giant chess or croquet in the backyard
9. Puzzle time!
10. Make a family album
11. Go bowling
12. Bike riding
13. Create a life time goals board, cutting out pictures and gluing them onto it
14. Wine tasting
15. Nudie swims at the beach at night
16. Candle-lit bath together
17. Recreate a first date (one of you gets ready at a friend’s house and gets picked up)
18. Board games
19. Go see a live play
20. Volunteer somewhere together
21. Star gazing – find constellations while having a glass of red in the backyard or on the front porch
22. Build a bird house
23. Go photographing
24. Play water balloon volleyball
25. Do a family tree, get some geneology done on paper
27. Take a road trip somewhere for the day
28. Go to the observatory
29. If you have a Mac computer, take snapshots of yourselves with the funny features (this is hilarious!)
30. Go to the movies to see a kids’ flick
31. Find a pair of rollerblades and skate on your street
32. Mini golf!
33. Make your own wine or beer
34. Dress up and go to the casino – see who can win the most from just $20 at the start of the night
Actually, come to think of it, you could do the majority of these in the nude…ahh, so much fun to be had! Xxx